24 Jul Moving On?
Checked out the local museum in Iqaluit today. It would be great to bring some of my Arctic painting collection back to the north some day, to share with people who live up here. As we need to fly out tomorrow to Rankin Inlet, we can’t really stray too far. It’s always a laborious and time consuming chore to re-pack all our gear into our travel duffle bags before moving on. This time, Ryan and I are trying to lighten the load and leave our extra gear at Arctic Kingdom for safe keeping until we pass through again. All packed up, we finally arrive at the airport, and lug our 400 hundred pounds plus of gear up the ramp and in. But we don’t check in right away. We’ve heard that Rankin Inlet is quite fogged in. I find out at the counter that if the plane cannot land, it will carry on west to it’s next destination: Yellowknife. The next flight back to Rankin won’t be for 4 more days. I ask everyone I can for further updates, and about the odds of landing, and hold off on making the decision until the last minute.
In the cab on the way back to Arctic Kingdom, I think we’ve made the best choice. I’d rather have a few more days here with Frobisher Bay at my doorstep. More options to get out on the land, and maybe the ocean, than the alternative. Ryan and I unpack, and settle back in. Life in the north. You just have to go with the flow.
Judy de LangPosted at 21:23h, 05 August
Good idea: “Go with the flow”. Play it safe.